Visual Artist Eeva Kouvalainen mn. Korhonen
Painting ART is my Purpose. I was raised in an art home ”Hunninko” in a small town named Pyhäjärvi, Finland. My family is full of artists: two of my sisters, Anna Korhonen and Paula Korhonen are artists, like our late father, Artist Matti Korhonen. My home is in Jyväskylä with my family ever since 2007, when I moved to study. My Bachelor´s degree on Fashion Design and studies of Graphic Designer have also impacted and strengthen my Voice.
My mission is to help people realize their inner magic via Art -made by me or themselves. I concider my self as a transporter, who filters cultural achifacts from the other side of collective memory into this world for those to whom they belong to.
I paint with an acrylic-technique I like to call ”ink stain test”-method. This intuitive process produces art, that often describes Finnish and Northern soulscape and mythology. Every painting has a meaningful story to it. I sign my paintings with my maiden name “Korhonen” , because I feel it honors my blood inheritance.
Art fulfills it´s Meaning when it resonates with the Viewer`s soul and gives the inner abstract a feeling, form and name. Magical translation and evidence of Inner Wonder. Witnessing that for me is the most epic feeling!
I have worked as a freelance artist since 2013. Though my journey is in progress I have had many achievements. In addition to several exhibitions and numerous commissions I have had big art opportunities like:
- I was invited in Global Artist Committee of Asian Art Association in Sep 2022 (IG & FB)
- Alfa TV`s art television show ”Sielunrauha”, an episode of my own (3season, 3.episode, 2022)
- “Vuoren Varsat” City mural in Jyväskylä`s centrum (Keskikatu 22, 1,6mx30m, summer 2022)
- Full illustration and lay-out of fairytale book (Camilla Sandberg, ”Persian Ruusu”, 2021)
- 10 art exhibitions in Finland ( e.g. joint exhibition HELENE20 in Helsinki Central Station Kulttuurihalli, 2020 and KARELORE-Spirits of Fire in Cultur Center Juminkeko, Kuhmo 2022 )
- Tutoring and organizing art-events regulary in VENN JKL since fall 2020.
For the future I have goals to grow my skillset and network as an Artist. I aim to add artistic collaborations and create more public art. I dream of exhibiting abroad on international arenas. Collaboration with Finnish brands like Marimekko and Finlayson are on my agenda too: it would be a true honour to be part of Finnish everyday life´s design!